Early Learner Program
Our goal is to prepare our early learners for lifelong learning; in essence, for children to learn how to learn.
Our Early Learner Program is specifically designed to give young children, ages 3-6, a jump start in acquiring meaningful communication and critical skills that provide a foundation for lifelong learning.
The program’s approach is rooted in Applied ‘Verbal’ Behavior Analysis, which focuses intensely on teaching functional communication and independence across environments and works directly with the child’s motivation. Our effective combination of integrated natural environment strategies and 1:1 intensive structured intervention create an optimal treatment environment.
Areas of Concentration:
- Improving initiation/functional communication
- Joint attention and engagement
- Imitation and co-regulation
- Reciprocity and social language
- Imaginative and productive play
- Fluent discrimination of both visual and auditory stimuli.
Included in our program:
- Comprehenisive assessment of skills and reinforcement
- Individualized ABA/VB programming
- Ongoing skills tracking and parent commuication/coaching/support
- Guided observations and comprehensive parent conferences
- Individualized treatment materials and reinforcers.
- 15hrs./wk enrollment in an optimal, engaging, directly interactive treatment environment based upon your child’s motivation using the science of Applied Behavior Analysis-Verbal Behavior (ABA/VB)
Early Learner Program Logistics and Insurance Coverage
- Our Early Learner Program runs Monday through Friday 8:45-11:45 (morning session) or 12:30-3:30 afternoon session). Full time (15 hrs/wk direct services) is required for enrollment.
- An additional 20% of direct service hours are built into weekly billing for essential indirect services (analysis, treatment planning/development, and staff training/supervision).
- Our small groups operate with varying ratios of 1:1 to 5:3 children to adults, depending on need. Our peer program provides several typically developing children for peer modeling and socialization and are not included in these ratios.
- We operate year-round with 1-2 week breaks between each quarterly session. Parents register for each session individually, and continue as long as needed through kindergarten.
- Once children are enrolled and assessed in our center-based program, we consider the addition of in-home or community based sessions. Many of our children receive up to 30 hrs/wk of direct ABA services based on individual medical necessity.
- Our services are typically covered by your behavioral health insurance. We currently accept all Intel plans, Kaiser, Optum (United and Providence), and Pacific Source. We do not currently accept OHP.
After School Program
Our After School Program is designed to support social skills through the early elementary years (kindergarten through third grade). This program is focused on peer interactions, sustained group learning, and extra practice on skills necessary to be successful in peer groups at school. It is designed to serve children who have a lot of language and who are currently placed in typical classrooms. We combine a variety of social skills curricula to develop our activities and we do regular assessment of skill development to measure progress. This program is not designed to focus on intensive language development or behavior management. All of the instruction occurs in small and large group settings. Our groups currently run Tuesday and Thursday 4:00-6:00. Full time (4 hrs/wk direct service) is required for enrollment.